Definition of Embedded system in English :- Embedded system or embedded operating system can be a group of one or more electronic devices designed to perform a specific task.
Although an embedded system operates as an independent computer, it is usually associated with a much larger system. It is usually built on a single chip and has its own central processing unit (CPU), memory, input/output devices, and software. Being very small, their internal structure is very complex.
Main Components of Embedded System in Hindi
Main Components of Embedded Operating System in Hindi :- There are three main components in an embedded system –
- Hardware :- It consists of a small computer built on a single chip, which has all the necessary equipments like memory units, input/output devices, batteries which they require.
- Application software: – It contains the necessary application software related to the specific job for which the embedded system is designed, for example, if the embedded system is installed in a microwave oven, then the heat of the stove in that embedded system Required application software to be displayed.
- Real Time Operating System (RTOS): – The hardware work of any electronic device cannot work without the operating system. It also has a real time operating system which manages the embedded system’s hardware and provides the required output by executing various types of programs. The application software used in the embedded system is also managed by the OS itself, because without the application software the OS cannot function independently.
Characteristics of an Embedded Operating System in Hindi
Characteristics of an Embedded Operating System in Hindi :- The main features of an embedded system are as follows:-
- Single-Functioned:- Embedded system is designed to do some specific job and it repeats the same task over and over again.
- Design Challenge:- Despite being small, the embedded system has to meet the parameters like cost, size, power, and performance, due to which designing it becomes very complex task. It is usually powered by the use of batteries, which is why the manufacturer has tried to minimize power consumption, which makes its design more difficult.
- Portable: An embedded system is a small device that works independently so it is portable, that is, it can be easily brought or carried from one place to another without any problem. For example, mobile phone is such an embedded system, which people carry very easily from one place to another. If the embedded system is part of a much larger system, that system is also portable. Goes to second place.
- Real time:- The embedded system should be able to display the output by computing the results in real time without any delay.
- Processor :- It should have a processor of its own which can process various inputs and display output.
- Memory :- It should have its own memory unit where it can store various software. As ROM it does not require any kind of secondary memory.
- Input / output devices: – There should be some arrangement for receiving input from different sources and displaying the output.
- Battery: – To make the embedded system portable, a small battery is also used in it, so that the required electricity flows in it and it can be carried from one place to another without any problem.
Example of Embedded Operating System in Hindi
Example of Embedded system in Hindi :- It is a very important electronic device. In the 21st century, there will hardly be anyone who does not use the technology of embedded systems in their everyday lives. Most of the electronic devices you use in your life are some form of embedded system. Let us look at some prominent examples of this:-
- Mobile Phones
- MP3 Players
- Video Game Consoles
- Digital Cameras
- CD/DVD Video Player
- Digital Alarm
- Air Conditioner / AC
- Microwave Ovens
- Washing Machines
- Industrial Robots
Types of Embedded System in Hindi
Types of Embedded System in Hindi:- Based on the hardware and software used in the embedded system, it is divided into three important categories :-
- Small Scale :- It is the smallest system designed with 8 or 16-bit microcontroller. Its capacity is very limited and it requires very little amount of electricity to operate. In this, programming is usually done using the C programming language.
- Medium Scale :- It is designed using 16 or 32-bit microcontrollers. It is made using complex hardware and software and is capable of solving even large complex problems. They can also be used in the field of networking. Programming languages like C, C++, Java and so on are used to develop them.
- Sophisticated:- It is a very complex and high capacity embedded system with a lot of hardware and software complexities. These use high-capacity processors like application-specific instruction set processor (ASIP), instructions per second (IPS), programmable logic array (PLA). It is not a single-chip system, but it is built by connecting many different hardware components together and the operating system used in it is also an independent and capable operating system, which is capable of performing various types of complex instructions. able to execute and provide the required output.
History of Embedded Operating System in Hindi
History of embedded operating system in hindi :- The history of embedded computing system is very old, it is being used for almost 60 years.
- The credit for creating the embedded system goes to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) or MIT teacher and computer scientist Charles Stark Draper (Dr. Charles Stark Draper). He made it for the Chandrayaan Apollo (Apollo) being developed by the US Space Agency (space organization) NASA. Apollo was the first Chandrayaan using which a human set foot on the moon for the first time. The first Embedded Operating Systems developed for the Apollo program was named the Apollo Guidance Computer. The main function of the Apollo Guidance Computer was to automatically collect various types of data and provide mission-critical calculations.
- In 1965, a company named Autonetics (Autonetics) developed a system named D-17B for the purpose of providing guidance to missiles used in war. The D-17B system was used to calculate the correct path for the missile to reach its destination by calculating various parameters such as altitude, distance.
- In 1968 an embedded system was built to display vehicle speed, amount of petrol and other information.
- The first OS to be used with the system was VxWorks in 1987 by a company named Wind River.
- In 1996, the Microsoft company created its first Windows operating system for embedded systems.
- In 1990, the embedded Linux operating system also entered the market.
- Embedded systems have become an important part of people’s everyday lives in the 21st century, and are used in some form or the other in almost all digital devices.
- It is estimated that by 2030, the total market for embedded systems will exceed $200 billion.
Advantages of Embedded System in Hindi
- Due to its small size, it can be used with a wide variety of equipment and can also be carried from one place to another with great ease.
- It is able to complete its work very fast and it requires very little resource like electricity etc. So even with a small battery, it can be used for a long time.
- There is very little chance of it being mistaken because it does only that job efficiently for the specific job it is designed for.
- It is made on single chips and requires very few hardware components to make it, hence it costs very little to manufacture.
- It is a very reliable device, because the chances of hardware failure, software crash or virus attack are negligible.
- It uses very less resources and is very easy to manage.
- The embedded operating system is designed to do only one specific job, so it is very good at that job and gets its job done very fast.
Disadvantages of Embedded Operating System in Hindi
- This system is made using a lot of small tools, so the process of developing it is quite complex and it requires a very large development system to build which is very expensive to set up. If its production is done in very large quantities, then only then the cost of making it can be reduced.
- Once the embedded system is ready, it is a very difficult task to upgrade or change anything in it. So usually when it does go bad it is much cheaper to replace it than to repair it.
- It is made to do only one specific task, so we cannot program it to do any other work.
- The size of the memory used in this is very limited and it is not possible to install any new programs in it.
- It is very difficult to transfer the stored data from one system to another, so these data cannot be backed up.
- It can be used only by an expert, if a common man wants to understand it, then it can be very difficult for him.
Summery of Embedded Operating System in Hindi :- In this article we have discussed about Embedded System OS in simple Hindi language. Hope you liked this article written on Embedded System OS in Hindi. If you have any suggestion or have any query related to this article written on Embedded OS, then do tell by writing in the comment box below.