Definition of Network Operating System in Hindi :- Network Operating System (NOS) helps to establish communication system by connecting different computers and devices together using local area network (LAN).
The network operating system is designed in such a way that it supports different types of networking equipment such as Computer, Server, Printer, Scanner, Router, Switch, Helps in exchanging information among others.
Compared to a normal operating system, network operating systems have many special features. For a device to be connected to a network, it requires a hardware device like a network interface controller, along with it, it requires some special type of software, which defines the network protocol i.e. various rules related to connecting to the network. It helps to avoid mistakes. But all these properties do not make any change in the basic structure of an OS but only increase its capabilities.
Features of Network Operating System in Hindi
Features of Network Operating System in Hindi :- Some of the main features of Network Operating System are as follows :-
- Some guidelines and rules have been made so that different types of devices can exchange information without any problem, for example the OSI model and the network protocol followed by its different layers were also created for this purpose. has gone. Network operating systems fully support all these protocols of the OSI model.
- When any device connects to a network, it also becomes prone to many types of attacks like hacking and viruses. In view of these problems, the network operating system also provides various types of security related facilities. Such as authentication, logon restrictions and access control etc.
- It provides the facility of directory service or name service, using which the name of any network resource such as a computer, printer etc. is matched with its address.
- It provides Internetworking (inter-networking) facility, due to which a device can also connect to other devices using a medium such as a router or gateway.
- It helps in routing, that is, to determine the path for the data or file sent by a device to reach its destination.
- It provides various types of facilities related to user management and system management such as remote access, administration, backup, web services and auditing tools etc.
Example of Network Operating System in Hindi
Example of Network Operating System in Hindi :- As you all know that in present time internet has become one of the basic need of people, we do most of our work using internet and internet is also a type of network. That is, to connect a device to the Internet or network, it is very necessary that that device supports the networking system.
Keeping in mind the need of the people, all the operating systems that are made in the present time, such as windows (windows), linux (linux), macintosh (macintosh), android (Android) etc. all of them have the properties of network operating systems. is also added. But this was not the case in the 1980s-1990s, meaning that OSes were built specifically to support networking at that time. Some of their examples are as follows:-
- Artisoft LANtastic: – It is a local area network (LAN) operating system, which works with windows and disk operating systems. It was created in 1992 by a company named artisoft.
- Banyan VINES: – This is a network operating system that was primarily built for the UNIX OS. It was created in 1984 by a company named Banyan Systems.
- Novell NetWare- This is a network OS designed for DOS and Windows. It was created by Novell company in 1983 mainly for inter-networking.
- Microsoft LAN Manager- This is an OS created by IBM and Microsoft in 1990, it helps in the process of communication over the local area network.
Type of Network Operating System in Hindi
- Peer-to-peer network operating systems (Peer-to-peer network operating systems): – Using this, various types of hardware resources and data can be shared between devices connected to the network. In this, all devices connected to the network are treated equally, and any common operating system Windows or Android is an example.
- Advantages of Peer-to-peer Network Operating System in Hindi :-
- It requires very little hardware.
- In this, there is no need to depend on any particular computer for the information, rather all the computers share the information.
- It is used in almost all the common operating systems due to the increasing internet demand in the present time.
- Disadvantages of Peer-to-peer Network Operating System in Hindi :-
- It is quite difficult to manage as there is no centralized control in their computers.
- Since the information in this used to go from one computer to another, so if a virus comes in one computer then all other computers can be affected by it.
- Client / server network operating systems (Client / server network operating systems): – In this server is a special type of computer, which can contain different types of information and databases. This server is responsible for providing various types of services and information to all the clients connected to it. When you open a website on your web browser, you are getting information related to that website from the web server. This is also an example of client/server network operating system.
- Advantages of Client/Server Network Operating System in Hindi :-
- In this it is very easy to add a new device to the network or remove the old one.
- It is completely centralized system and it is very easy to manage.
- This is considered a more secure system.
- Disadvantages of Client / Server Network Operating System in Hindi :-
- It is expensive to set up, because there is some kind of computer on the server in which the hardware used is very expensive.
- Here all the computers are dependent on the server, if at some point the server crashes then all the computers can be affected.
Conclusion: – A network operating system has a special type of OS, which helps in connecting computers to the network and exchanging information between all the devices. However, in view of the increasing demand for Internet and networking at present, almost all the operating systems such as Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS etc. are added to the properties of the network operating system.